Sunday, August 2, 2009

The King of Deceit

Well, my Friday started off as any other day of the week. Kids, breakfast, straighten house, shower and finish up the grocery list. Our Pine Cove nanny, Haleigh, came over about nine and Miller and I promptly left for the "the big shop" at Walmart. The shopping went okay considering Miller wanted to go home right after we got there, and then of course he had to poop, and in the porcess I lost my grocery list. I got most of what I needed and Miller made it home with a happy heart as we sang the to the new Pine Cove cd at the top of our lungs. I get home and begin unloading groceries, kissing on Maddry, listening to the stories Walker is telling me about all the fun things he and Haleigh did. I'm hungry and weariness is setting in, but I'm pushing through because Haleigh and I had decided to put the last coat of paint in the bonus room. Haleigh was a busy bee that morning making six loaves of banana bread as well as tending to two children. I was impressed and a little sad because I felt that I missed out on all the fun at home.
So then, the plan was set... feed the kids, play for few, and the kids go down and we then conquer the painting. I was getting geared up..., the phone rings and m
y friend Laura calls and says she really needs girl time, and that I need to pick her up at McCallisters in thirty minutes. I had a hard time shifting gears and realizing the painting would not get done. It felt like a whirlwind of craziness. Trying to finish the putting up the groceries, feeling bad that I was leaving the kids and again, and then Kev comes home and is shooing me out so that the road guys we could fix our driveway. I leave and am catching my breath and pick up Laura. We end up have a great time shopping and looking at fabric. I get home at three and Kevin is pulling in the driveway. I told him I had to leave in an hour for a one-on-one with a couselor from the Towers. We are looking at mail and catching up on the day, when Haleigh mentions she thinks that the washer smells like mold and mildew. I was so bummed and walked into the laundry room to smell the machine and I screamed, choked, and almost peed in my pants when I saw the brand new front loader washer and dryer. I was so shocked and then the events of the day began to make since. I was tearing up and then Kevin teared up. It was amazing gift. Kevin gloated the rest of the day calling himself the King of Deceit. He loves to surprise me with gifts that he knows will bless me. I am truly blessed. Doing laundry is probably my favorite chore if I had to pick one, and now its definitely my favorite. I love hearing the the fun chimes, knowing that hardly any water is being used and we are also using the dryer less. I LOVE IT.

1 comment:

  1. that is so fun!! i thought something horrible was coming... ;-)

    ReplyDelete